Isaac Hardman, a rising star of Australian boxing, admits he’s taking a “massive risk” climbing into the ring with Adam Stowe on Saturday.
“I’ve got everything to lose in this fight,” said the unbeaten 25-year-old, who was born in Redcliffe and grew up at Deception Bay and Caboolture.
“I’m in the conversation of having world title fights. Lose this and there goes Christmas … but you’ve got to risk it for the biscuit, as they say!”
Not that Hardman has any intention of giving up the Australian middleweight, IBF Oriental and WBO Oceania titles against Stowe in Fortitude Music Hall, Fortitude Valley.
“I’ve always been fighting on December 4,” he said, “I’ve been preparing for 10 weeks. It’s just the (identity of) the opponent that’s short notice.
“He’s a hard-nosed, gritty fighter and will keep coming at you but, as my finance says, I have to treat every fight as if it’s for a world title.”
Super Saturday Quick Card
- Faiga Opelu vs. Lucas Browne
- Issac Hardman vs. Adam Stowe
- Dana Coolwell vs. Miles Zalewski
- Kylie Fulmer vs. Taylah Robertson
- Adam Copland vs. James Honey
- Jai Opetaia vs. Daniel Russell
- Andrew Hunt vs. Ben Kite
- Teremoana Junior vs. Hunter Sam
- Ankush Hooda vs. John Ake
- Gerico Cecil vs. Tevita Pangai Jr